Dogtown Dance Theatre is a home for performing artists to create and present their work while developing the skills needed to thrive. We seek to enliven our local community by encouraging expansive creative expression and education across diverse populations.
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
The Grant Writer is a part time position that reports directly to the Executive Director. The Grant Writer will be responsible researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process; management of proposals and maintaining a donor database.
The Grant Writer duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
· Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant
· Work with department managers to compile financials and data
· Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
· Develops and maintains a proposal calendar,
· Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals
· Develops an annual grants strategy
· Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
· Perform other duties as assigned
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals
· Knowledge of Richmond area foundations and corporations
· Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
· Clear, precise and compelling writing skills
· Able to effectively communicate
· Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
· High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary/Income: The Grant Writer is an hourly position. We offer competitive pay plus performance bonus.
The Grant Writer will work 20-25 hours per week; possible work remotely arrangement.
How to apply:
Email with resume, cover letter, and writing samples.